Author Topic: The Rook Family  (Read 643 times)

Description: Plots and stuff

Seraphim

STAFF

The Rook Family
« on: July 18, 2018, 03:25:16 PM »
We have Carina (youngest), Alexandra (middle young), Tabitha (middle old) and I was thinking they probably have a few other sisters? Tabitha definitely struck me as older but maybe not the oldest. (Still loving the joke of 7 sisters).

Goggled how many eggs a crow typically lays.. (Common raven: 3 – 7, Rook: 3 – 5, American crow: 3 – 6) but obviously they aren't the same age but I'm a big fan of symbolism. So we are certainly starting at the right number.

KaePhoenix

STAFF

Re: The Rook Family
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 09:46:33 PM »
Whoo! We need names for Mommy and Daddy Rook?
Or perhaps someone will want to pick them up? Would they be Murder Leaders? (cause you know "Pack Leaders" is not for crows. LOL)
Are crows matriarchal? I wouldn't be opposed to the girls having different fathers, if we want to go that route.

Seraphim

STAFF

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 11:43:14 PM »
I'm open to anything, really. I didn't see there being a leadership role.. but then I rolled really low for Tabitha XD. Momma Rook being a big Mama Rook of their clutch makes sense to me. :)

Seraphim

STAFF

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 02:04:50 AM »
Random thought!

So, as 'crows' who are rather clever thieves. What if their parents were master jewelry thieves? They rob museums and such, a lot when they were younger and 'retired' once they started to have kids. It is not a family affair but as old habits die hard, maybe they got caught and lost everything at some point? OR... they are stupid rich and at a point in the future we can play them getting caught because... birds love shinies.

KaePhoenix

STAFF

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 09:20:35 AM »
I love it!
I wanted to play that into Carina's personality from the start. Stealing stuff while in crow form. With her personality she would feel super guilty about stealing, but also gets a thrill from it.
Perhaps the girls didn't know their parents were former thieves? And some or all of the daughters get into thieving naturally?
Carina I would think would try to hide it from everyone. Like she thinks she's a klepto or something, and feels like something is wrong with her.

KaePhoenix

STAFF

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 07:58:52 PM »
Ideas for Rook Family Tree:

Momma Rook - Empowered - ??
Daddy Rook - Empowered? Blessed? - ??

Sister 1 - ??? - 30
Sister 2 - ??? - 28
Tabitha Rook - Touched - ?? - Seraphim
Sister 4 - ??? - 25
Alexandra Rook - ??? - ?? - Elviae
Sister 6 - ??? - 21
Carina Rook - Touched - 19 - KaePhoenix

History Ideas:
- Mother and Father are former jewel thieves. Very wealthy.

*** Feel free to edit this post with ideas @Seraphim @Elviae

Seraphim

STAFF

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2018, 03:40:07 PM »
I think that works for me. Vagueness to start isn't a bad thing, and it lets others join the family if they want. :)

KaePhoenix

STAFF

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 03:06:41 PM »
@Seraphim @Elviae @Black Rose
Thoughts?

Additional Family History Details:
- Family bloodline originated from a curse, several generations back
- The current living Rook family bloodline were born therianthropes, descended from the original cursed members
- Mother and Father are a mated pair (see Mating Bonds in the Lore Book)
-- Bonded Mates ? Meaning if one dies, so does the other
-- What would their mated pair marking look like?
- Mother and Father consider their therianthropy a blessing instead of curse, for the life it has afforded them (not all the daughters may feel this way)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 03:09:08 PM by KaePhoenix »

KaePhoenix

STAFF

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2019, 09:50:08 AM »
Tabitha and Carina Rook have now been approved and are playable. Please see their sheets for more information making the other family members:

https://www.huntersrpg.com/index.php?topic=242.0

Seraphim

STAFF

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2019, 12:19:43 PM »
*yay!!*